Library Media Center / Textbook Contact
Library Media Center Technician
Gunderson High School
Tel: 408-535-6340 x61130
8:00am - 4:00pmTop
Research Databases available for all SJUSD students!
Springboard Reading List
Springboard Recommended Reading Lists Available to support your ELA Springboard Units.
Flexible Novel Unit 2
Reading Lists Units 1-4
Flexible Novel Unit
Reading Lists Units 1-4
Salem PRESS Databases The Salem Press Database is an online resource that includes the complete content of printed reference sets, updated on a regular basis. Gunderson High School currently has access to the Encyclopedia of Global Warming database and Great Athletes database **Access to these databases is limited to our on-campus network.
Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android, or other portable device.
Need Citation help for research papers, including electronic resources? Check here for websites on how to properly cite your information.
- BibMe - Fast and easy bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian citation styles
- Citation Machine - Helps students and professional researchers to properly credit their information sources
- EasyBib - Free bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago citation styles
- Purdue Online Writing Lab - General writing, research & MLA/APA guidelines, and much more
- The Writing Center - MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
Need something to read? Here are some great websites that recommend books of special interest to teens!
- No Flying, No Tights - A site that reviews graphic novels (i.e. comic books)
- Reading Rants! - Not your ordinary teen booklist
- Teen Ink - Teen reviews on books, colleges, music, movies and more
- Teen Reads - Reviews of newly released books for young adults, and for teachers and parents
- Young Adult Library Services Association - Outstanding books for the college bound
Need help in math, science, history, writing, research and much, much, more? Check out these websites in all subject areas.
- History.com - What happened today in history?
- Teen Homework Help - eResources for any subject by the SJ Public Library
- How to Study - Study skills articles, study tips, improve study habits, and much more
- InfoPlease - Free online encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, and more
- Math Forum - Have a math question? Ask Dr. Math.
- Math is Power - Math help, tutoring, and much more
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus- Free online dictionary, thesaurus, spanish-english and medical dictionaries, audio pronunciations
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study guides available on several different topics and offered in over thirty different languages
- Word Reference: Online Language Dictionaries - Translates individual words from a number of languages
- CA DMV Practice Tests & Handbooks - Free DMV practice tests and online handbooks for California drivers.
Want to be up-to-date on what’s happening in the world around you? Check here for websites!
- ABC News - Breaking news, latest news & top video news
- CBS News - Breaking news, business, entertainment & World news
- NBC News - Breaking news & top stories- World news, US & local
- PBS News - PBS NewsHour recent programs
- BBC Archive - Take a trip through our collective past with the BBC archives and discover themed collections of radio and TV programs, documents and photographs from as far back as the 1930s.
Provides original photographs, sound recording, videos, and photographs of original documents.
- American Memory from the Library of Congress - Browse collections by topic from African American History to Women’s History
- USA Government - The U.S. Government’s official Web portal