Library Media Center / Textbook Contact
Library Media Center Technician
Gunderson High School
Tel: 408-535-6340 x61130
8:00am - 4:00pmTop
San Jose Public Library Partnership now active!
What Is Your Library Card # ?
Your Library Card Number is your student I.D. # plus a prefix: For example:
For students with a 6 digit Student ID #, add the prefix 21193000 + your Student ID Number
For students with a 5 digit student I.D. #, add the prefix 211930000 + your Student ID Number
What Is Your Pin?
Student Library Card PIN
By default, it is the birth month and day following this format: (MMDD)
For single digit days or months, use a zero preceding the number.
Examples: December 12 = 1212 • June 1 = 0601 • April 14 = 0414
Once you have your log-in information, click HERE to log in to the public library.
Opt-out Forms are available if you choose not to be a part of this partnership and you do not want your basic information shared with the SJPL. Please download this form, sign and return to your Librarian in your school library.
Formulario de exclusion (Tarjeta de estudiante de la Biblioteca de San José)
Research Databases Available for the SJUSD Community
Databases also available on the District Library Site
Library Online Catalog
Access your library & textbook account through our Library Online Catalog - Destiny
SJUSD Digital Library and San Jose Public Library
SJUSD Digital Library
This site will offer all students and teachers at SJUSD a one stop point of access to digital supplemental curricula resources from Research Databases to E-book Novels, as well as supplemental novels from Teachingbooks and more!
San Jose Public Library
Use your ID card as your library card to access hundreds of E-books, audio, and Digital databases. Need help with homework? Try out the Online Homework Help option!
Need help on how to use your I.D. card. Click here.
An engaging collection of resources that brings books to life.
Find book trailers, movies with authors, audio performances, discussion questions, and more — all great ways to engage with books together!
Springboard Reading List
Springboard Recommended Reading Lists Available to support your ELA Springboard Units.
Salem PRESS Databases The Salem Press Database is an online resource that includes the complete content of printed reference sets, updated on a regular basis. Gunderson High School currently has access to the Encyclopedia of Global Warming database and Great Athletes database **Access to these databases is limited to our on-campus network.
Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android, or other portable device.
Need Citation help for research papers, including electronic resources? Check here for websites on how to properly cite your information.
- BibMe - Fast and easy bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian citation styles
- Citation Machine - Helps students and professional researchers to properly credit their information sources
- EasyBib - Free bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago citation styles
- Purdue Online Writing Lab - General writing, research & MLA/APA guidelines, and much more
- The Writing Center - MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
Need something to read? Here are some great websites that recommend books of special interest to teens!
- No Flying, No Tights - A site that reviews graphic novels (i.e. comic books)
- Reading Rants! - Not your ordinary teen booklist
- Teen Ink - Teen reviews on books, colleges, music, movies and more
- Teen Reads - Reviews of newly released books for young adults, and for teachers and parents
- Young Adult Library Services Association - Outstanding books for the college bound
Need help in math, science, history, writing, research and much, much, more? Check out these websites in all subject areas.
- History.com - What happened today in history?
- Teen Homework Help - eResources for any subject by the SJ Public Library
- How to Study - Study skills articles, study tips, improve study habits, and much more
- InfoPlease - Free online encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, and more
- Math Forum - Have a math question? Ask Dr. Math.
- Math is Power - Math help, tutoring, and much more
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus- Free online dictionary, thesaurus, spanish-english and medical dictionaries, audio pronunciations
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study guides available on several different topics and offered in over thirty different languages
- Word Reference: Online Language Dictionaries - Translates individual words from a number of languages
- CA DMV Practice Tests & Handbooks - Free DMV practice tests and online handbooks for California drivers.
Want to be up-to-date on what’s happening in the world around you? Check here for websites!
- ABC News - Breaking news, latest news & top video news
- CBS News - Breaking news, business, entertainment & World news
- NBC News - Breaking news & top stories- World news, US & local
- PBS News - PBS NewsHour recent programs
- BBC Archive - Take a trip through our collective past with the BBC archives and discover themed collections of radio and TV programs, documents and photographs from as far back as the 1930s.
Provides original photographs, sound recording, videos, and photographs of original documents.