School Site Council - School English Learner Advisory Committee (SELAC)
The School Site Council of Gunderson High School:
• Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement from all school advisory committees.
• Review and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
• Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
• Monitor implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
• Approve modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
• Evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students three times during the school year.
• Carry out all other duties assigned to the school site council by the district governing board and by state law.To contact Gunderson’s English Learners Advisory Committee:
The next meeting is on Nov. 15 from 4:00-5:00pm at Gunderson High in Room D-3.
Schools with 21 or more English Learners have a functioning English Learner Advisory Committee that provides parents of EL students opportunities to:
- Advise the principal and school staff on the school’s program for ELs
- Advise the School Site Council (SSC) on the development of the Accountability Plan
- Assist with the development of the School-wide Needs Assessment
- Review the R-30 Language Census
- Receive information and recommend actions to support regular school attendance
- How are students identified as English Language Learners?
Parents fill out the Home Language Survey when students are enrolled in school. Suppose any other language other than English is listed. In that case, students will be tested with the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California test (“ELPAC”) and placed in the category level of language acquisition.
- San José Unified Parent Resources
San José Unified is an open-minded partner, committed to establishing a positive, collaborative relationship with every family. We’re proud to provide unique opportunities and resources for families to engage with and participate in elevating opportunities for your students.