Library Media Center
7:00am - 3:00pm
Library Media Center / Textbook Contact
Tel: 408-535-6340 x61130
Display of The Month
March is National Nutrition Month
San Jose Public Library Partnership now active!
Visit the San Jose Public Library website to search their catalog and learn about their available locations and free services.
Browse our new Interface for our online library catalog. You can browse as a guest, or log in and access many new features, such as building your own reading lists and accessing databases and e-books.
Please ask the Library Media Center staff if you have questions about searching our catalog or looking up your personal account.
From outside your school network, Gale databases can be accessed using “SanJoseUSD” for the password.
STARTING A RESEARCH PAPER? Check out the one stop shopping for all your research needs! All credible sources and pro/con articles are available with MLA citations provided for each source. When it comes to researching information – work smarter, not harder!
Check it out here: http://sjusdlibrarymediacenters.weebly.com
Salem PRESS Databases The Salem Press Database is an online resource that includes the complete content of printed reference sets, updated on a regular basis. Gunderson High School currently has access to the Encyclopedia of Global Warming database and Great Athletes database **Access to these databases is limited to our on-campus network.
Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android, or other portable device.
Need Citation help for research papers, including electronic resources? Check here for websites on how to properly cite your information.
- BibMe - Fast and easy bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian citation styles
- Citation Machine - Helps students and professional researchers to properly credit their information sources
- EasyBib - Free bibliography maker – MLA, APA, Chicago citation styles
- Purdue Online Writing Lab - General writing, research & MLA/APA guidelines, and much more
- The Writing Center - MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers
Need something to read? Here are some great websites that recommend books of special interest to teens!
- No Flying, No Tights - A site that reviews graphic novels (i.e. comic books)
- Reading Rants! - Not your ordinary teen booklist
- Teen Ink - Teen reviews on books, colleges, music, movies and more
- Teen Reads - Reviews of newly released books for young adults, and for teachers and parents
- Young Adult Library Services Association - Outstanding books for the college bound
Need help in math, science, history, writing, research and much, much, more? Check out these websites in all subject areas.
- History.com - What happened today in history?
- Teen Homework Help - eResources for any subject by the SJ Public Library
- How to Study - Study skills articles, study tips, improve study habits, and much more
- InfoPlease - Free online encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, and more
- Math Forum - Have a math question? Ask Dr. Math.
- Math is Power - Math help, tutoring, and much more
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus- Free online dictionary, thesaurus, spanish-english and medical dictionaries, audio pronunciations
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study guides available on several different topics and offered in over thirty different languages
- Word Reference: Online Language Dictionaries - Translates individual words from a number of languages
- CA DMV Practice Tests & Handbooks - Free DMV practice tests and online handbooks for California drivers.
Want to be up-to-date on what’s happening in the world around you? Check here for websites!
- ABC News - Breaking news, latest news & top video news
- CBS News - Breaking news, business, entertainment & World news
- NBC News - Breaking news & top stories- World news, US & local
- PBS News - PBS NewsHour recent programs
- BBC Archive - Take a trip through our collective past with the BBC archives and discover themed collections of radio and TV programs, documents and photographs from as far back as the 1930s.
Provides original photographs, sound recording, videos, and photographs of original documents.